Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Page Six Confirms





March 26, 2008 -- TIRED of a world in which Americans idolize wannabe singers, and where musicals about high school students pass as rock 'n' roll, Dr Pepper is begging Axl Rose to finally release this year his 17-years-in-the-making album, "Chinese Democracy." The soft drink company's incentive to Axl, the frontman of Guns N' Roses? If he ships the album in 2008, everyone in America - except estranged guitarists Slash and Buckethead - will receive a free can of Dr Pepper. "It took a little patience for us to perfect Dr Pepper's special mix of 23 ingredients, so we completely understand and empathize with Axl's question for the perfect album," said a company spokesperson. Dr Pepper is asking fans to lobby Axl to drop the album already.

51 comments:

Anonymous said...

This album is nver going to be released. Axl knows it and anyone who has a brain knows it. It's got such a HUGE buzz around it and it would be such a big deal with such high expectations that Axl would never risk his ego by putting out this thing that is obviously doomed to fail.

The expectations are just too high and Axl knows it. It'll come out to luke warm reviews and then sink once the novelty wears off. This is obviously just a way for Axl to keep his name in the papers. I doubt there are even the beginnings of an album laid down right now. Face it...nothing will ever eclipse Appetite... so sit back and enjoy being a has-been.

hazMattSoot said...

I'm a pepper, You're a pepper, He's a Pepper, She's a pepper....

Wouldn't you like to be one, Axl, too?

Anonymous said...

Ooh, these grapes are sour. What, did you not get to go to one of the shows back in 2006? We understand. Truly, we do.

PS, Appetite is mere child's play compared to the Illusion albums, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Anonymous said...

"Appetite is mere child's play compared to the Illusion albums, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it."

Are you mental? I agree they were good albums, but they had nowhere near the profound effect on modern rock that Appetite had.

You might want to put that pipe down...

Anonymous said...

I love this new standoff between soft drinks and edgy rockers. I'm waiting for Crystal Light to call out Wu-Tang Clan.

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT promo! Very funny and smart - congratulations Dr. Pepper - you've got a good product and the best promotion since the Dr. Pepper song....

Best of luck with it

Anonymous said...

maybe if Donald Trump or Richard Branson get in on the act, it might work and the album will be released. Come on Donald, help Axl pay his debt so we can hear this album.

Anonymous said...

Come on Axl Hip Hop SUCKS!!!
I'm tired of hearing bitch this and ho that and all that other jive.It's time for rock and roll to reign supreme.There's no such thing as a perfect album just do your best and the fans will support you.Its definetly time for a shift in music.

Anonymous said...

Sick ASS.

Anonymous said...

From: americasbeverages@cybercrs.net Add Mobile Alert
To: dwe8@yahoo.com
Subject: Your Inquiry About Dr Pepper. # 010128381A
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:02:02 -0400

March 26, 2008
Dear Mr. Friedman:

Thank you for contacting us about Dr Pepper. Your comments and
inquiries are appreciated because they provide valuable feedback about our
brands.

We would like to advise you that the press release you are inquiring
about has no affiliation with our company.

Cadbury Schweppes has been making great brands that people love for
more than 200 years. We are proud of our family of beverage and
confectionery products and are committed to providing a wide range of choices for
all individuals.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We hope that you will
continue to purchase and enjoy our products.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations


010128381A

Anonymous said...

I miss Guns N Roses!!!!! Please Axl, save the music scene, release the album already!!!!!

Anonymous said...

please axl please!!!

Anonymous said...

Great Marketing Campaign!

Anonymous said...

CALLED OUT. So, so fake, and we knew it. Guys, this is Harley Davidson all over again.

Anonymous said...

A Fake blog about a ridiculous subject. You're an idiot! This has gotta be one of the lamest things I've ever seen. Do us all a favor and disappear.

Unknown said...

I just called Dr. Pepper - apparently, it happens to be very real. If you want to call for yourself: 1-800-696-5891.

Lono of Denver said...

Thanks for bringing fun back to advertising and commercialism. I love everything about this idea. Especially the inevitable press release from Axl declaring the album is 'done, and will be out this year'. He does that annually.

I just did a very recent review of the new album (Chinese Democracy) over at Blogcritics.org > do a search on the name 'Lono'.

trejos-comics said...

adelante!!!!!!!! AXL!!!!!!!!! GUNS AND ROSES IS THE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!
www.trejoscomics.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wait until Eric Hopkins at WPDH hears this.


Smitty

Anonymous said...

SO YEAH I WANT MY FREE DOCTOR PEPPER RIGHT FUCKING NOW. also, this isn't guns n roses. this is the axl rose band. so yeah, doctor pepper, my hand, now.

Anonymous said...

Who's Axl?
G'n'R without Slash is like Dr. Pepper without carbondioxide.

Anonymous said...

WE NEED ROCK N' ROLL. RELEASE THE ALBUM, KIDS THAT STILL KNOW AND EMBRACE ROCK N' ROLL NEED TO HEAR THE POWER IT STILL HAS!!!!

COME ON AXL!!!!!!

MY LEFT ARM IS TATTOOED WITH GUNS N ROSES STUFF!!! SHOW ME THAT IT WAS WORTH IT!!!

--Jack

Anonymous said...

We are surprised and very happy to have the support of Dr. Pepper with our album Chinese Democracy as for us this came totally out of the blue. If there is any involvement with this promotion by our record company or others we are unaware of such at this time. And as some of Buckethead’s performances are on our album I’ll share my Dr. Pepper with him.

Axl Rose

Anonymous said...

Chinese democracy.... NEver

Anonymous said...

Axl ,

If the Mayans are correct you only have till Dec 2012 to release this or it will never be heard cus the world is gonna end, so , pretty please with sugar on top and slightly dented cherry , perfection is never as good as spontaneous release, in my life time, just go for it already , you've proved yourself you got nothing to lose!
m.dove

Anonymous said...

Axl Guns N Roses is still a band that everyone knows and loves please release Chinese Democracy !! Guns N Roses kick's more ass nowadays saw them in 2006 in Everett WA best night of my life.

Anonymous said...

My daughter who is 19 was complaining about a band she likes taking a long time to release a new CD..I told her "so????? I have been waiting for over 10 years for Chinese Democracy"

I hope it comes out before I am dead..or totally deaf!

Anonymous said...

Since Geffen/Interscope...whatever label this is signed to now today has finally put the brakes on the financing, does this mean we're onto corporate sponsorships now Axl?
Kudos to you for finagling over $13 million and counting! Just put the damn thing out already...

Anonymous said...

Look there will never be another Gun'N'Roses album, ever. There is no longer a band, just Axl......with the name. END OF STORY.

Anonymous said...

I am willing to pony up the dough to Slash and Buckethead for a can of Dr. Pepper, heck I will buy them a 24 if they perform.

Anonymous said...

Music fans NEED Axl Rose and GNR!!!
2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is no other voice like Axl's.

Thank you Dr. Pepper. I don't drink soda, but if you succeed in helping to get this album out, I'll buy a case...deal?

Taylor said...

I'm much more excited about a free Dr. Pepper than I am about another Guns N Roses album.

Anonymous said...

This is cool. Any chance you could lean on 3dRealms the same way to release Duke Nukem Forever which has been in development since 1998? http:\\www.3drealms.com

Anonymous said...

AXL YOU ROCK AND SO DOES Dr PEPPERE SO EAT THAT PEOLE WHO SAY ITS A JOKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

whoever says that illusion is better than appetite has SERIOUS issues. appetite is the best album ever made....in history.
anyway,
axl, jus put it out already...your fans have been more than patient...we want the album....
and you are the best rock and roll frontman ever....i love you...

Anonymous said...

"Who's Axl?
G'n'R without Slash is like Dr. Pepper without carbondioxide."

uhm...axl is the guy who is singing, rocking out, sounding great, with the best voice ever...while slash is over there drowning in jack, and screwing up intros.
check youtube for that.
also, he's also they guy in the gay band, that no one cares about [[velvet revolver]] with the lead singer who wishes he was axl....

Anonymous said...

anything to get it over with. It will tank completely, and Axl will have to beg Slash to make a real GNR album on an Indie Label.

Anonymous said...

Okay this is to ALL you Axl haters!!! GO F**K YOURSELVES!!! Axl WILL put the new album out when he feels it is ready!! Axl IS GUNS-N-ROSES!! Slash and the others yes they were all great together but without Axl the band NEVER would have done as well as it did. Have you even listened to ANY of the new songs? I have and if you didn't know any better (which most of you don't) you can't tell that it's not Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven playing on the album. I have complete faith in Axl and stand by him 100%. I think when the new album is released (and it will be released), many of you will have to eat your words because it will be one of the best G-N-R albums. Some things are worth waiting for and this album is one of them. Axl if you ever read this (which I doubt you will because I know you are very busy) don't let these haters bring you down, instead show them what you've got baby.

Anonymous said...

been waiting long time release the album please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a joke.

Unknown said...

"anything to get it over with. It will tank completely, and Axl will have to beg Slash to make a real GNR album on an Indie Label."

Yeah. Speaking of tanking, look at Velvet Revolver. If I were Axl, I wouldn't beg Slash for anything.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Peppers 23rd ingredient is a drop of Axls blood.

Anonymous said...

And the by-product of producing a can of Dr. Pepper which ends up in the waste dump out back is Slash's Snakepit album.

Apparently Slash is too busy writing self-indulgent books and going through Jack Daniels' withdrawl to play a good riff anymore.

Anonymous said...

If we give Izzy a Dr. Pepper, will he come back? I almost miss him more than Slash. Oh Izzy. How COULD you?

Anonymous said...

chinese democracy starts nowwwwwww

cmon axl, wake up, it is time to release fhe fucking album...!!!

Anonymous said...

Jose el Retardo,

Izzy joined GNR on stage at at least one of the California stops on their most recent North American tour. December 2006.

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/entertainment/homepage/article_1386678.php

Anonymous said...

I tried to post a link to a review of that show... Trying again...

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/
entertainment/homepage/article_1386678.php

Anonymous said...

" 'anything to get it over with. It will tank completely, and Axl will have to beg Slash to make a real GNR album on an Indie Label.'

Yeah. Speaking of tanking, look at Velvet Revolver. If I were Axl, I wouldn't beg Slash for anything."


ha....totally agree....
besides, go to youtube and type in "the slash disappointment" and tell me how many times you've seen axl sell out like that?

axl has that one and only voice...and that voice IS g n r.
and...i have heard some of the songs...i love better, and there was a time...axl's still got it...

rock on.

Doug Chagnon said...

Heavy Metal Comedy picked up on this as well.

http://www.heavymetalcomedy.com

Anonymous said...

I saw Axl sitting down on the toilet in a women's toilet at a rest stop once.

Anonymous said...

You think that's dreamy, I was sitting right next to him. It was the shiznit, yo.

Wait do the kids still use that expression? Damn!!Someone please let me know!!

Watch my show on HGTV.
It's the illin'est, yo.

GG