Thursday, May 22, 2008

What's your favorite Guns song?


Selecting a favorite for me is about as difficult as choosing one intern to lust over; there are just too many good choices. But like parking spaces, if I had to choose one, I'd definitely have to go with Rocket Queen. The song embodies the essence of what Guns N Roses is all about. It beautifully crafts the emotions of love and hate so nicely and that outro is the best close to any song ever. The way Axl's voice and the guitar solo dance together harmoniously is just magic. What about you?

23 comments:

Nordsfan said...

For me it's Coma

Mack Arillo said...

"It's So Easy"

the first time I heard this song I instantly knew that the New Kings of Rock had arrived.

Anonymous said...

November Rain. =D


Axl, PLEASE give us some news on Chinese Democracy! I'm dyin' here!

Anonymous said...

Without a doubt, I would say "It's So Easy." That song blew me the fuck away when I first heard it!! And I still love it to this day!
Such angry fuckin' lyrics coming from a badass sounding voice and killer guitars!!! Crank it!

Anonymous said...

i'm agree, for my the best song, the song with more feeling it's ROCKET QUEEN. At the end, after the break, when Axl sing "Or think, I mean you harm
of those that take you
Leave you strung out
Much too far" and the Slash's solo come in and Rose "ohohohohoh yeah". For me, since 1996 it's the best one.

Anonymous said...

There certainly are many but for me it's a toss up between It's So Easy and Out Ta Get Me. Both songs spiy such venom but in a completely artistic way. That was the true genius of GN'R, their ability to emote (whatever emotion they were trying to convey) with such artistry. That's the difference from many of todays bands. Many of them think that if they just spew vile words it's enough....it's not!

Anonymous said...

coma - has a bit of everything

Anonymous said...

One In A Million is such a brilliant song if you believe Axls explanation of the lyrics. If you don't, the music is still brilliant but the lyrics disappointing. I believe Axls explanation.

Anonymous said...

estranged

Anonymous said...

It's so easy its the best.


Then:
Rocket Queen
Nightrain

Anonymous said...

A greatest Hits compilation from me would look like this:

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Out Ta Get Me
Paradise City
My Michelle
Rocket Queen
Patience
You're Crazy
One In A Million
Reckless Life
Shadow Of Your Love
Civil War
Estranged
Locomotive
November Rain
Don't Damn Me
Coma
Breakdown
Double Talkin' Jive
You Could Be Mine

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah I forgot

Dead Flowers
Heartbreak Hotel
Jumpin Jack Flash
Down On The Farm
Ain't It Fun

Anonymous said...

yes, estranged is a good song.
this is my selection together with
sweet child of mine.

Anonymous said...

"Think About You"
Go listen to it again...you'll love it

Pony Tail and T-shirt... said...

so difficult to choose just one fav...
got so many, but I have to go with COMA. The first time I heard that song it just got carved on my brains.

Anonymous said...

Well,GN'R has a lot of great songs,but i love "Don't cry","Sweet child o'mine","Welcome to te jungle","Paradise City","Patience"...
But all the songs are pretty good...
I♥ GN'F'N'R'S!!

Anonymous said...

As a fan it is really hard to pick a favourate song.
Coma is definately up there, but then so is Breakdown, Don't Cry is a classic as is November Rain.
Rocket Queen is gritty and real.
In all of the songs the thing that I like is the way that (especially on the Illusion albums), every song is a mixture of about three or four different songs.
By this I mean that they manage to change what the song is and return back to it by the end of the song.
Axl Rose is a methodical perfectionist, it almost verges on O.C.D.
Fair play to the man, I would be willing to wait an eternity for this album, even though I don't think i'll have to.
2008 is the year that Chinese Democracy will hit the shops and then all the doubters will be proved wrong.
A fan that will let a wait put him off the band is no fan at all.
Also don't be surprised if before to long we see the original line up back together, it is for me the next logical step.
But these are only my opimions and in such a large community, probably won't count for much.

LES PAUL.

Anonymous said...

That's like asking which is your favorite can of Dr. Pepper. They are insanely great.

But the 2 that I love to think about the most are:

Get in the Ring

Civil War

Anonymous said...

November Rain
Gostaria que o Axl cantasse no meu casamento.

Anonymous said...

"Rocket Queen" is my favorite GNR song -- favorite song PERIOD, actually -- and I am somewhat surprised to read that it is this site's author's favorite GNR song, too. I wrote about "Rocket Queen" on my blog some time ago, here.

Anonymous said...

oh, locomotive. love, love, love.

it has the bluesy swagger, the driven drumbeats and the INSANE lyrical wordplay that makes GNR great.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry; I can't choose...Sweet Child o' Mine, November Rain, Estranged, Dust n' Bones, Rocket Queen, Nightrain, Patience, Civil War...suffice to say that any GNR song is by far and away better than any other song by any other band ever

Anonymous said...

me, personally, im gonna havta say locomotive, bcuz well its,


JUST PLAIN OUT AMAZINGNESS

i mean just read it:

LOCOMOTIVE by: GUNS N' ROSES


Gonna find a way to cure this loneliness
Yeah I'll find a way to cure the pain
If I said that you're my friend
And our love would never end
How long before I had your trust again
I opened up the doors when it was cold outside
Hopin' that you'd find your own way in
But how can I protect you
Or try not to neglect you
When you won't take the love I have to give
I bought me an illusion
An I put it on the wall
I let it fill my head with dreams
And I had to have them all
But oh the taste is never so sweet
As what you'd believe it is
Well I guess it never is
It's these prejudiced illusions
That pump the blood
To the heart of the biz

You know I never thought that it could take so long
You know I never knew how to be strong
Yeah, I let you shape me
But I feel as though you raped me
'Cause you climbed inside my world
And in my songs
So now I've closed the door
To keep the cold outside
Seems somehow I've found the will to live
But how can I forget you
Or try not to reject you
When we both know it takes time to forgive

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
You know I'd like to hurt you
But my conscience always tells me no
You could sell your body on the street
To anyone who looks like me
Who'd love to try and get inside
And bust your innocence open wide

'Cause my baby's got a locomotive
My baby's gone off the track
My baby's got a locomotive
Got ta peel the bitch off my back
I know it looks like I'm insane
Take a closer look I'm not to blame
No!

Gonna have some fun with my frustration
Gonna watch the big screen in my head
I'd rather take a detour
'Cause this road ain't gettin' clearer
Your train of thought has cut me off again
Better tame that boy 'cause he's a wild one
Better tame that boy for he's a man
Sweetheart don't make me laugh
You's gettin' too big for your pants
And I's think maybe you should
Cut out while you can
You can use you illusion
Let it take you where it may
We live and learn
And then sometimes it's best to walk away
Me I'm just here hangin' on
It's my only place to stay at least
For now anyway
I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away

I'm taking time for quiet consolation
In passing by this love that's passed away
I know it's never easy
So why should you believe me
When I've always got so many things to say
Calling off the dogs a simple choice is made
'Cause playful hearts
Can sometimes be enraged
You know I tried to wake you
I mean how long could it take you
To open up your eyes and turn the page

Kindness is a treasure
And it's one towards me you've seldom shown
So I'll say it for good measure
To all the ones like you I've known
Ya know I'd like to shave your head
And all my friends could paint it red
'Cause love to me's a two way street
An all I really want is peace

But my baby's got a locomotive
My baby's gone off the track
My baby's got a locomotive
Got ta peel the bitch off my back
I know it looks like I'm insane
Take a closer look I'm not to blame
No!

Affection is a blessing
Can you find it in your sordid heart
I tried to keep this thing ta-gether
But the tremor tore my pad apart
Yeah I know it's hard to face
When all we've worked for's gone to waste
But you're such a stupid woman
And I'm such a stupid man
But love like time's got its own plans

'Cause my baby's got a locomotive
My baby's gone off the track
My baby's got a locomotive
Got ta peel the bitch off my back
I know it looks like I'm insane
Take a closer look I'm not to blame
Yeah
IF LOVE IS BLIND I GUESS
I'LL BUY MYSELF A CANE

LOVE'S SO STRANGE...


IT JUST SCREAMS AMAZING RIGHT THERE!!!!!!